Wednesday 16 February 2011

Totally Rad!

I have to let everyone in on one of the best podcasts around. It’s called The Totally Rad Show (or TRS) and it is a video podcast of three guys talking about movies, TV, video games and comics. Now although I am only really interested in two of those things, TV and film, I love every episode of their show. The hosts, Alex, Jeff, and Dan, have been running it for about four years and really know their stuff. Not to say I always agree but they are definitely knowledgeable and they make each discussion interesting and informative.

I’m probably not their target audience, considering most entertainment based podcasts are more focussed towards men, but I don’t feel patronised or out-of-the-loop by not knowing certain references. They also have impromptu games and almost every show offer a discount for some website or another, although many of them are US based. They’ve also managed to introduce me to loads of new websites and films and got me desperate for a console, any console!

Check out website FlickChart as well, as it’s the basis for their Versus game and it’s quite a cool little site where you can rate movies. I definitely recommend watching this show – try downloading either a ‘Versus’ or ‘Media Mashup’ episode to start with though, as you’ll be able to get a feel for the style of the show before plunging into a full-on review.