Thursday 10 February 2011

I have a voice!

I’m sorry to say, but I broke my Charmed marathon the other day. Couldn’t help myself I’m afraid. The King’s Speech was too much of a draw, it called to me and I replied. And I’m very glad I did because the film was very, very good.


Colin Firth aka So-perfect-as-an-actor-it-hurts played Prince Albert, later to become King George VI, struggling with a speech impediment. His wife, played by Helena Bonham Carter (she was brilliant), introduces him to Lionel Logue, Geoffrey Rush, who works to help ‘Bertie’ conquer his stammer.

I can’t really write a proper review to be honest because I genuinely just enjoyed the film. Period drama often leaves me feeling like this; simply contented to let the film just wash over me. I didn’t find anything wrong with the film, but I didn’t find anything outstanding about it either. Firth’s performance was excellent and deserves the many awards nods it has received but, then, it is Colin Firth; he’s damned good at pretty much everything. I would recommend a watch, because it is a very nice film and it definitely left me with the warm and fuzzies.