Saturday 5 February 2011

To the Library!

Just because I seem to rant about the library so very often, I thought I should post up about this very cool blog I found. His most recent entry is the coolest cartoon, and it really rings true!

http://thoughtballoonhelium.blogspot.com/2011/02/library.html

Also, I hope everyone remembers that today is the day to make a stand at your local library! The Save Our Libraries Campaign is picking up momentum and is highlighting today, Saturday 5th February, as the day to stand up for our local institutions. Even if you don't visit them regularly, think of all the people who do, and go take out your fourteen books! Maybe revisit an old classic, or pick up the latest bestseller! We pay for these places out of our taxes and we should make full use of them.

Anyway, I'm off to practice what I preach and pick up a bunch of books from my local library!