Friday 15 April 2011

You have to laugh at the things that hurt you just to keep yourself in balance, just to keep the world from running you plumb crazy.

Yeah. So. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. I didn’t read it, I’m afraid to say. Not through any overwhelming desire not to, just from a general lack of enthusiasm. I will attempt to read it in the next few months, as the impression I got from the group was that it was definitely worth it.

Group was a little distracted for One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (it was sunny and we had barbeque food, you know how it is) but a good ole’ natter was still had by all. I even attempted to put in my two pennies worth (*whiny voice* I’ve seen the film!) but I couldn’t really contribute properly. Hence why I should always read the book.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest was pretty well received and scored fairly average. Since our first few meetings, we’ve become a lot more conservative with our scoring; our first book still has the highest score.

Overall Score: 7.5/10
Next Month's Choice from: MB
Next Book: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald