Monday 14 March 2011

Meh.

So, I actually haven’t been doing a lot a reading recently. My brain seems to be shutting itself off to any higher forms of culture and is quite happy to make do with endless streams of banal television programs. Not that I’m finding said programs boring, it’s just very monotonous. 

When I find something I love, I tend to obsess over it for a few days/weeks/months. In the past couple of months, I’ve drifted through various phases, including fanfiction, The Totally Rad Show podcasts, low-end teen dramas (Hellcats, Popular!), and end-of-the-world anything. When I am in one of these phases, it becomes very easy to devour anything related to it; reading, watching involves a lot less effort. Thing is, at the moment, I’m not in a phase. Instead, I’m in a funk. 

I can’t focus on television, books, games, podcasts – nothing seems to satisfy. I’m feeling a distinct lack of anything even resembling enthusiasm and, as such, really don’t have a lot to blog about. 

My ‘200 books in a year’ goal is looking slightly impossible now. 

I’ve written this little post hoping that a bit of creativeness flowing about will help me feel inspired again. Can’t tell if it’s working yet, but I’ll keep you posted.