Sunday 18 July 2010

Trashy Fun

So I've finally managed to get all my stuff out of storage, which means I have, for the first time in a year, seen all the books and dvds I own. It's a lot, but nowhere near as much as I thought. I do, however, have about twenty books that I have started but never finished, most of which are classics from University. An English student that hasn't read Pride and Prejudice?? Or Great Expectations?? Poor Show. I am making a vow to read them...it's just when that's the issue.

Anyway, because of all these books I have found, I haven't really read anything new. Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger was the most recent finished novel. A cheesy, trashy read by the author of Devil Wears Prada. And although it was the simplest thing I've read in a long time, it was extremely enjoyable, possibly because of that fact. It isn't clever and it isn't fancy but that's what makes it brilliant. We all need a little trashy fun every now and then.