Sunday 5 December 2010

Lazy Sunday TV Time

So all this Sunday, I have been frantically catching up on some much missed bad tele. I know, I should be all sophisticated and psuedo-intellectual and watch stuff like The Wire or The Sopranos or maybe some uber fashionable new documetary series, but to be honest, I think everyone needs the bad tele sometimes.

We also need the bad movies, books, music and games but, at the moment, I'm just going to talk about the bad TV.

I've been watching Hellcats. Yeahhhh, the new series about a poor law student who loses her scholarship and has to join the cheerleading squad to stay in school. So cliched it's insane. Said law student is played by Alyson Michalka, of Aly and AJ music fame, and the head cheerleader is played by Ashley Tisdale from good old High School Musical. If you enjoyed that particular franchise, you will love Hellcats.

The plot of Hellcats is paper thin, the acting stilted and the characters all outlandishly good at everything they turn their hands to, but it's good fun and requires no mental straining.

Exactly what you need on a lazy Sunday.